Thursday, February 12, 2009

One flat tire and walk later ....

Ah well the good can't last forever and I awoke to a flat front and no pump left alive in my garage so off I set on foot. Made the same train that I always make, the 7:55, and the day was back to normal.

Only guy with a bike on the train was wearing a pair of Lugs boots. You know the ones, they look like a pair of Hush Puppies did it with a pair of Timberland work boots. And when I say Timberland I don't mean all the incarnations of shoe that now call themselves Timberland. I mean those tall, almost yellow, tan work boots that I so wanted in high school. But back to the guy. It's wet out and these boots had a small spot on them. Now these shoes are a source of pride for the wearer so I had to ask myself, "Does he care?". Are these some sort of hand me down or thrift purchase? He's on the train so he either spent all his money on the shows and can't afford a car now or he has so much money and a conscience about such things that he'll go home tonight and toss them in his gold plated "today's shoes" garbage pail and pick a new pair for tomorrow. Either way I would have a pair of "rain shoes" and keep the good ones in my pack or in my desk at work.

The iPhone is mocking me this morning having chosen " Thousand Dollar Car" by the Bottle Rockets both yesterday on the ride home and this morning. Randomizing 1400 songs should yield a more ... Random play list don't you think?

"Thousand dollar car's life was through, 'bout 50 thousand miles for it got to you. Oh why did I ever buy, a thousand dollar car?"

Work hard y'all. See you on the return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment