Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Angry? Not so much angry as ready for two-fers

Picked up two very loud young women, remember I am 43 and young is relative, early on the trip home who once off their phone began talking about "$2 Tuesday" at some local SJ watering hole. Which of course got me thinking about "Twofer Tuesday's" at Red's Filling Station way back in Oneonta and 10 cent wings at BW3 in Columbus (go bucks). Which in turn reminded me of recent reports of a chicken wing shortage. Wings were the thrown away toy for so long now they are a sought after and treasured piece of poultry. Each chicken in existence has only 2! Think of that, for every basket of 18, nine chickens had to walk their way to heaven. This is an example of what Kris refers to as my Mac OS mind. Soon as you click on one folder you open it and then you can access what's inside. May not be what you want but it's all you have.

So the young ladies are back on the phone and I overhear this, "Dude, make her do her homework. Why can't you be the father for a change?". So I am either, much older than I had previously calculated or 2 year-olds are getting way too much take-home work at the "Rock-a-Bye" daycare center and think-tank.

I have always reveled in observation of others in their natural habitat and the train is a great place to do just that. Interestingly the number of F-bombs per minute has risen recently to the point that I have decided never to mess with either of those "young ladies".

Wow my first ticket check! 6 rides in and I was just asked for my ticket for the first time. Oddly my two "observees" bolted the train when asked for theirs. Huh.

Ah well, Matthew Sweet needs some Divine Intervention in my ears right now so I'll write again later. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment