Thursday, February 19, 2009

And all the little ants are marching, red and black antenae waving ...

My house has always been a battleground for us against the ants. When we bought it and pulled the "vintage" wood paneling down off the walls in the living room to reveal what looked like one of those old timey ant farms with the only difference being the paths had been etched in the dirt on the wall board instead of dug out whatever you'd fill an ant farm with. We had an epic battle this past autumn in which we finally won out but only because they kept coming back from the same place.

Ha! Ants! Your numbers are no match for my superior skill and access to caustic chemicals.

That is until recently, they're back and coming from the other end of the house. I did my standard spray down of the bathrooms but missed out on the entry point, the shower head in the kids bathroom. Yeah I know how it sounds. I must get the chemicals out again this evening and track them better than last night. They had made it all the way down the hall, avoiding all the bedrooms, to the kitchen and all the way to Sydney's food bowl near the back door. They hadn't discovered the counter tops, covered as they are right now with cake frosting from the Mardi Gras cake for the Y fund raiser last night. So the war goes on. I am sure I can get them all this evening but you never know with ants. They are a resilient, if not just plain numerous, group.

Penelope is not feeling well. (She is our 2000 Honda Odyssey named for the wife of Odysseus from Homer's story. Yeah, I know you're all like, "Huh?" Luckily we have very smart friends who named her as I could never have come up with such a connection.) 135k miles seems to our limit for cars these days.

iPhone says, "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine

"Rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells."

No comments:

Post a Comment