Monday, May 18, 2009

I been running down a one way track. Won't you help me, police on my back ...

So I forgot to fill you in on the car situation. 110 days after the great front yard demolition derby of '09. Kris and I bought a 2003 Ice-Blue Honda Civic Hybrid. With less miles than Penelope and for more than I got for the Outback. I am, however, still on the train. Knowing that it is possible to live with one car and with the potential for saving plenty of cash on gas with the new one, I will continue to ride the rails. Days where I need a car or when I have to be somewhere else I can drive. Taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by the train pass feels like a whole different chapter in our lives and I am happy to continue and make my greener-than-I-ever-was kids happy that I am saving resources. So now we have to name it. Snowflake has been the best so far but honestly this is a boy car and snowflake just won't make him happy. I am thinking something overly butch like Frank, Nick or Gus. Oddly, 3 of my dads golf buddies, RIP Gus.

iPhone says, "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash

"The king called out his jet fighters. Said you better earn your pay. Drop your bombs between the minarets down the casbah way."

Little known fact: When the San Jose soccer team was known as "The Clash", the chearing section was called "The Casbah".

No comments:

Post a Comment