Friday, April 17, 2009

And if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you ...

So I was looking at the channel lineup of my new favorite TV channel, Paladia (formerly Mhd), two nights ago and "The Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium" was on. Let me first explain why Paladia is my favorite. HD music, few if any commercials and in a 4 week period last month they showed "The Song Remains the Same", "Tommy", "The Wall" and "The Last Waltz". It's an HD MTV circa 1982, but without Nina Blackwood :( . So Dave Grohl and the boys are whipping 86k Brits into a frenzy with "Learn to Fly", "My Hero" and others from the Foo back catalogue when about 2 songs from the end he steps to the mike and says something like, "we've been setting this up for 6 months to make this the most exciting FF concert ever ... It's you guys who made us what we are today ... (lowers head to compose himself) ... Ladies and gentlemen our very special guests tonight ... Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones from LED ZEPPELIN!". Dave turns the mike over to Taylor Hawkins and takes a seat behind the drums. Now, as I watch this I am reading his wilipedia page that he, "patterned his drum playing after John Bonham". They test the sound level briefly and turn to Dave on the drums and he has, THE biggest smile on his face. Dude has some teeth and always chews gum during a gig and man you could see it all. Dave counts it down and jumps into the intro to "Rock n Roll". The whole place goes off like a jet engine. Hawkins knows the word by this is all about Page and Jones ... and Grohl who, you known its the first and probably only time he gets to do this. He continues to prove to me how genuine of a person he is and I enjoyed it so much I replayed it four time and then two more yesterday.

iPhone says, "Rock and Roll" by Led Zepelin

"Carry me back, carry me back, carry me back, baby where I come from. It's been a long time, been along time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time."

No comments:

Post a Comment